skip to Main Content
Back To Top
Beavertail Lighthouse 2023
Museum hours are from 10:30 AM to 4:30 PM unless otherwise noted
The Beavertail Lighthouse Museum will be open on weekends starting on Saturday May 20 through Sunday June 18th.
The Museum will be open every day from Monday June 19th through Labor Day, September 4th.
In the fall the Museum will be open weekends starting on September 9 through October 8 and also on Columbus Day October 9th
The Tower will be open for climbing on the following dates from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM unless otherwise noted:
- Memorial Day Mon 29
- June 10
- June 24
- July 4
- July 15
- July 29
- August 7, National Lighthouse Day. The Tower Climb scheduled for August 7 has been canceled due to the rainy weather.
- August 12
- August 26
- Labor Day September 4,
- September 23
- Columbus Day October 9
Climbing the Tower
- Openings are weather dependent; if uncertain, call 401-423-3270.
- Climbers must be at least 4 ft tall.
- Climbers are strongly urged to consider footwear other than flip flops.
- Neither small children nor pets may be carried.
- Climbers must be in line one half hour before closing.
- A five dollar ($5) donation is suggested for each adult climber.
- Both hands must be free for climbing. In addition to the 49 steps of the spiral staircase, a 7 ft ladder requiring both hands must also be scaled to reach the observation catwalk.
Map and Directions